The car must please the owner, but over time or due to some negligence, the protective layer weakens, the car rusts, stains, scratches, cracks appear. The protective layer needs our constant support. And the best assistant in this is liquid glass (ZhS) for cars.
To understand its importance, to keep the car in excellent condition for a long time, you must first learn the components of the ZhS, its capabilities, how to use it correctly, which one to choose on the market.
What is liquid glass for a car
Advances in technology have made it possible to switch from wax to protective silicone polishing. Of course, we are not talking about pure silicon, but complex compositions based on it. Lightning in the sand produces glass in a hardened form - silicates, silicon salts. The principle of a natural phenomenon of high temperature is the basis for the technology of producing infinite variations of solid glass. But glass can also be liquid if you remove the calcium component during production. Liquid glass is used in the production and creation of many materials in many industries. Often in a silicone-based ZhS - alkaline solutions of sodium or potassium.
Since 2008, silicon dioxide SiO2has also been included in the silicone base of the automotive ZhS. To it, using special technology, are added:
- titanium and aluminum oxides;
- surfactants (surfactants);
- components for the production of polymeric films.
Each additive gives certain properties to ZhS. Titanium oxide (together with the polymer components) forms a thermal protection film. The film, formed by nanoparticles, gives shine to the body and allows to classify ZhS as nanoceramic.
Surfactants are responsible for cleaning - they remove the remaining dirt particles from the already clean surface of the body.
The silicone component prevents oxidation of the body and provides better adhesion of ZhS to the body surface, in addition to - protection of the latter.
The use of silicon dioxide significantly increases the durability of polishing.
How liquid glass is made
ZhS production technologies:
- Sintering of coolant with sand:mixing natural sand and technical coolant, the mixture is burned in particular. oven (1300 ° C), cooled. The resulting glassy lumps are dissolved by high pressure steam (or crushed into powder, which is then dissolved in hot water).
- Processing of silicon raw materials: after grinding the raw materials, alkali (mainly sodium) is added, the mixture is placed in an autoclave with a vibrator and temperature of 1000 ° C.
- Hydrothermal technology: the silicon raw materials are dissolved in concentrated alkaline solutions with the release of a large amount of heat, so that additional heating is not necessary.
- New technology(simple and cheap): the cullet is used as a raw material for silicon, which is washed, cleaned of metal oxides, crushed, melted, transforming into a silicate monolith. And then in a vibrating mixer with boiling water.
Which properties of ZhS allow to protect the car body
The thermal protection film formed does not only cover the factory paint layer, the film and ink atoms diffuse. This allows you to:
- cuts off oxygen access to the paint layer;
- prevent the access of corrosive substances to the body;
- repels dirt particles, leaves no scratch after rain;
- Protect the paint layer from direct sunlight while maintaining the color depth.
The presence of SiO2in ZhS strengthens the body's factory lacquer coating and prevents minor damage to the surface. This is facilitated not only by the resistance properties of the dioxide, but also by a certain plasticity of the liquid mixture.
What happens after applying ZhS
After applying ZhS, it is provided:
- Reducing the need for frequent vehicle washes. Often, it is sufficient to clean the dirt with a damp sponge or tissue.
- The paint is protected against fading and fading. The factory color restores depth and saturation.
- The original layer is protected against cracking and loss of appearance.
- The car is protected against rust, as the liquid glass film insulates the metal surface of the body.
Important:Existing minor surface wounds are filled with JS and become invisible.
Liquid glass functions
Liquid glass has the following features:
- Preservation of the varnish and paint coating - due to the diffusion of ZhS and varnish, formation of a film. The solar ultraviolet is not transmitted, the temperature rise is not terrible.
- Restoring the original color. Filling of micro-cracks, small bruises and scratches, in addition to increasing the thickness of the paint and varnish layer, which increases depth and saturation.
- Anti-corrosion protection of the body. It does not allow water, dirt, salt, sand and other aggressive substances to reach the metallic body.
- Water and dirt repellent.
- Adding shine and luxury to the car's appearance.
- Greater durability - compared to other polishers.
- Antistatic. Prevents the body surface from being electrifying.
The car has a hydrophobic effect (water and dirt are repelled), you can wash it much less often. And what remains can be removed with a damp cloth and the car will shine again. Thanks to the ZhS for cars, the spots are practically invisible on the body.
What liquid glass gives a car paint beyond shine
The body surface is protected from aggressive substances, sun, high temperature, water, pollution. Everything increases the duration of the polishing and the varnish and paint layer. In addition, micro-damage to the surface, aging of the factory paint are hidden. That is, the car's original appearance is restored.
ZhS performs all the protection and restoration functions described above much better than varnish. The latter practically does not protect against aggressive materials.
If it were not for the severity of the climate and the state of the roads, liquid glass would maintain its properties for 3 years. In poor condition, the average period is less than a year. According to the manufacturers, the ZhS must withstand at least 80 washes, that is, a year and a half.
Step one. Washing and drying the car outside
If produced independently, it should be noted that neither foam rubber nor cloth is suitable - they retain very small solid particles, which will surely cover the body of the body with a mesh of the least risks. Required - a rubber hose and a soft brush with long bristles.
Wash the entire machine with the hose and wait a few minutes for the dirt to spread. In a bucket, prepare a special car shampoo solution (just him! ) And, dipping a brush in it, clean up all the dirt, constantly pouring from a hose.
Important:Make sure to wash with shampoo and not hot water. Otherwise, the smallest dirt will remain in the pores and cracks, which will absorb moisture, and then penetrate under the paint. The result will be rust.
But first, clean all the drain holes in the doors, sills and front fenders so that water does not enter the cavities and cause more corrosion.
And at the end of the wash - remove all water droplets with clean and squeezed chamois so that the small white dots do not appear in place due to the sun's rays.
Completion of the first step - clean the entire washed surface with a soft, dry cloth (napkin).
Step two. Degreaser
Anything that has not been dissolved by water is eliminated.
The entire surface of the dry body is defatted with a special pungent odor agent, so the room must have a good hood or you must work with a respirator. Always wear rubber gloves. First, a solvent is applied, after which the dirt is removed with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Be careful - if the contamination is bituminous, you will need to use special bitumen cleaners. Never use gasoline, kerosene and the like - in varnishes and paints. It is only possible on bare metal surfaces. Remove the old enamel. In the end, the body is covered with cleaning solution and everything is washed.
Cover the car with liquid glass with your own hands
The coating of a ZhS car consists of several steps, including primary polishing and mirror polishing.
This internship requires already prepared premises and certain skills. The room must have equipment, tools - as in paint booths. And it must be free of dust, moisture and sun, necessarily well lit.
Polishing is simple. In the absence of noticeable chips with cracks and scratches, a simple polishing is performed - with a microfiber and polishing cloth - rubbed on a limited part of the body in circular movements (10-20). If you capture a large area at once, the layer will have time to dry a little and there will be a friction problem.
Deep polishing. Deep scratches and splinters are first eliminated with fine sandpaper, a rubber bar and water. In this case, the sandpaper is softened in warm water.
Next - polishing with automotive polishers with polishing paste. Of course, a professional model is preferable.
You can buy a cheap model or you can make it with an electric drill or grinder, using special adapters to attach polishing pads. But without the right skills, it is easy to spoil the paint layer.
With the right skills, at this stage, the damage caused by light to the surface is removed, homogeneity is restored and a protective layer is applied.
This is the main stage of the work. JS is applied in a circular motion, layer by layer. Great - 10-12 layers, minimum - 4. At the end, pass a clean napkin over the treated surface, remove the whitish layer.
The next drying is a long process (6 to 12 hours). For complete crystallization to occur.
Characteristics of coating the machine with liquid glass
Make sure you follow the following rules:
- the conditions for cleaning the environment and its protection from the sun and rain must be met. Even with ideal weather, it is better not to take any chances and not work in an open space - any gust of wind, and the work is ruined by the dust that has risen;
- temperature during operation: 15-40 ° С;
- when degreasing, be sure to remove the old coating;
- do not use the polisher at full power - in small areas;
- do not press the machine hard, as this will cause the surface to become very hot;
- the next car wash - not before 1-2 weeks, but it is possible to rinse once a week.
Advantages and disadvantages of liquid glass
- increases the surface resistance, much stronger than conventional polishing;
- protection against harsh environments;
- without dirt adherence effect;
- making the body shiny, improving its appearance;
- the entire surface can be protected;
- anti-rain, anti-ice and anti-graffiti effects; The durability of
- has been increased.
- cheap ZhS
- offers insufficient protection against alkaline solutions;
- is weaker than film in protecting against chipping and sandblasting;
- low plastic properties - in case of collision or severe frosts, it can crack;
- needs proper care, especially when washing;
- requires certain skills.
Car owner ratings on liquid glass treatment
Car owners have the following opinion about ZhS:
- Everyone notices the brilliant shine, the brightness and color saturation, the rollability of the drops. A clear advantage over hair removal.
- Easier to clean, less sticky dirt. It doesn't disappear so much in the summer.
- Dries quickly when applying ZhS, the treated area gets a little bigger and everything spoils. It is a pity that quality formulations are very expensive.
- More reliable than ordinary polisher and looks better and more durable.