Body — the most expensive part of the car. Its condition largely depends on the cost of the machine on the secondary market. If there is technical problems with the car others might not know, the defects of the body.
One of the means to maintain the car body in good condition is a wax. Contrary to popular belief, it is applied to the car not only to give Shine to the body, but also to improve its protective characteristics. In this article we will consider what types of wax can be applied to the vehicle body, and why it is done.
What types of car wax are
Automotive stores you can see hundreds of bottles, tubes and jars with different wax compositions. Each manufacturer claims that its composition better than the competition or trying to win the competition in other ways, for example, lower cost. All this variety of wax formulations for vehicles can be divided into two large groups:
- Formulations based on natural wax. In such warehouses using a natural wax, the characteristics of which are improved by adding various additives (synthetic components).
- Formulations based on synthetic wax. In such warehouses natural wax is completely absent, but similar solutions can be used in some cases.
Car wax can be divided into several groups, depending on what consistency and method of packaging it is presented:
- A liquid wax. This composition polimerizuet, if falls on the body of the car. Freezing on it, the liquid wax forms a durable film. Since liquid wax is applied massively, it fills all the cracks and penetrates the defects in the body to form a dense film;
- Wax spray. This composition is close to the liquid wax, but it is sold in cans or bottles with a spray. To wax can be applied by spraying through the small holes of the spray, it makes it less viscous than liquid wax. Therein lies his advantage, such a composition is convenient and quick to produce, but there are negative — which is formed of wax film on the car body less dense;
- The solid wax. This type of car wax in appearance and texture close to the real wax. It hard wax allows you to apply maximum sustainable film. When rubbing a hard wax it "kills" all the cracks and crevices. Due to the fact that when it is rubbing you have to physically affect the composition penetrates deeper into the defects in the body than liquid wax.
Please note: the Most common solid wax is a synthetic.
It should be noted that the experts recommend in the warmer time of year (at a positive temperature environment) to use genuine automotive wax to preserve the body, and in the winter to apply a synthetic compound.
Why do I need to cover the car body with wax
It has already been noted that car wax is a chemical composition that is based on wax or a synthetic analogue. Each manufacturer has its own formula for the composition, which includes waxes, silicones, polymer resin and other components that positively affect the body of the vehicle.
Depending on the composition, a list of useful properties of car wax is different. You can highlight few main advantages of applying wax on the body:
- Protection from moisture. Wax on the body forms a thin film that prevents the ingress of moisture into the paintwork. Any vehicle, which has passed more than a dozen kilometers, covered with microcracks. If they are wet, it has a negative impact on the metal on the inside of the damage, including the paint coating. Wax on the body allows to minimize the possibility of corrosion due to contact with moisture and contaminants into the structure of the paintwork and the metal;
- Protection from the sun. Direct sunlight affects the paint of the car, destroying the paint pigments. Simply put, the car paint color due to exposure to direct sunlight becomes less intense. Waxing on the body avoids this problem;
- Protection from minor damages. When driving on the road the car picks up around the dust, in which a large number of small particles. When they contact the paint surface of the car, especially at high speed, a high probability of defects — scratches, small cracks. The wax eliminates this risk;
- Protect the paintwork from damage. Inflicted on the car body paint is composed of a liquid component, which during operation of the machine is gradually evaporated. It depends on the elasticity of the paint. If the liquid component becomes very small, the paint becomes brittle and susceptible to the slightest damage. Because of this, later, there are cracks in the paint of the body. The wax prevents dry coating;
- Improvement of appearance. The car body that the wax looks more manicured. The surface of the body is smoothed, because the wax gets into the small scratches, and most paint looks more shiny and beautiful.
Waxing on the car body is a good prevention of the occurrence of serious defects in paintwork and reducing the likelihood of corrosion.