In our article we analyze in detail all the issues about liquid glass for car.
What is liquid glass
This files most often is an aqueous alkaline solution of potassium or sodium. He has good adhesive properties and not pass water.
To protect the car body uses a different chemical composition. It is silicon dioxide, which can be made of synthetic glass.
This treatment was car invented in Japan in 2008. The popularity of this coating is due to the fact that unlike other compositions, it lasts long enough.
The types of liquid glass
At the moment there are three types of liquid glass. It is based on them is made of liquid glass for car, which is used as a Polish.
- Potassium – good source of potassium, has a significant difference with regard to its porosity and tendency to high hygroscopicity.
- Sodium – sodium based, has excellent fire retardant properties.
- Lithium is the most rare today liquid glass, available in small quantities, is used as a thermostat to cover.
All three types of liquid glass it is possible to conclude in one group monoschelochnyh compositions. In addition, there are combined and integrated. In Russia most of the production of liquid glass is the release of sodium compounds.
Application of liquid glass
Most often used in construction for waterproofing. But in recent years it began to use when polishing a car liquid. With time the paint starts to crack and be unsightly. Car coating liquid glass really will keep its appearance and protect against scratches, scuffs and cracks.
Auto Polish liquid glass
The producers promise safety to two or three years, but local motorists in our conditions guarantee the protection of about a year. Use of compounds based on wax, silicone and other synthetic substances such guarantee does not.
Capping machine liquid glass with their hands
To perform the polishing surface of the body of the car you can own. To buy means can be in specialized stores. The kit includes:
- the curing agent and the asset;
- tube for mixing;
- cloth for rubbing;
- various towels and sponges.
There is also a manual with a detailed description of the polishing process in the Russian language.
Before you begin, make sure to clean the surface of the car. It should be clean, degreased and dry. Wash the car better special shampoos with degreasing effect. Old Polish should be removed with special tools.
The optimum temperature for polishing from +10 to +40 degrees in the winter may be processed in a heated garage. In the summer the surface of the body should not be hot, you should avoid direct sunlight during operation. The process takes 3-4 hours and is the power of everyone, if you follow the recommendations in the instructions.
Doing self-polishing machine, the tool, follow all the stages of work:
- To get to work should be in a clean room, which does not penetrate the moisture, the sun's rays and dust. If it's a garage, then it should wash.
- Read attentively the user manual.
- Try the product on a small area. To do this, soak the sponge tool and grate surface. In a minute or two to re-wipe the surface with a damp cloth.
- Every detail of the body is processed separately, on large plots, just not enough to RUB thoroughly the surface. The tool hardens very quickly, and delete will be really easy.
- Leave to dry at least 6 hours, even during the week it is forbidden to use chemical products for washing a car. For dark and light cars sold by different Polish, be sure to consider this feature.
Coating machine liquid glass: pros and cons
Like all tools, liquid glass Polish has pros and cons. We consider the advantages and disadvantages of such coverage, and to make a final choice.
Among the advantages are:
- resistant to moisture, is not polluted during rain;
- can withstand minor scratches;
- for the application do not need much effort;
- require no additional protective coating;
- the color of the car does not tarnish, retains the original form;
- the large selection of different manufacturers;
- work may be performed even in a car wash;
- takes relatively little time for drawing.
But there are drawbacks:
- there are times when you should use a sander, but this additional waste;
- reapplication is necessary after 6-8 major sinks;
- apply the Polish in subzero temperature will not work; although the application takes a little time, but dries much longer.
Whatever it was, but the Polish in the form of liquid glass is by far the best protective coating for the car. Many user reviews say about it.
Cheap liquid glass for car
The cost of liquid glass is higher than other compositions for polishing cars. But when you consider long-term use and other advantages of means, it is possible to speak about efficiency of this treatment. For applying you should only clean the surface, and this can be done with special shampoos.
Japan really produces the finest tools for polishing, but for the price they are more expensive than other manufacturers. Less expensive Polish is manufactured in the UK and Korea. In composition, it is also different, there are liquid funds, which means, in the form of a paste. Remember, the lower the price, the smaller the period of operation.