They are ready to Polish the body every day. Such people are willing to spend a lot of time waxing, using products that are applied in several stages.
For other people who really value their time, but wants their car was neat and tidy, you need a simple and fast solution to restore the Shine and protect the body. For those and other categories of people there are products that can give excellent results. Let's look at the process of preparing and applying wax.
To date, there are hundreds of products on wax basis. They can be divided into the following categories:
- Liquid waxes;
- Waxes in paste form;
- Wax sprays;
- Sealants to protect the body.
You should start with cleaning the surface
Before applying any protective waxes the car body must be clean. A simple wash will not be enough on the surface remains dirt and adhering particles. For a more thorough cleaning after washing, use a cleansing universal waxes, cleansing clay and other compounds. Consider in more detail the advantages and disadvantages of these cleaning methods.
The wax composition 2in1(cleaner and wax to protect) vs cleaning clay+wax
Most modern cars have a lacquer coating, even if the paint without the metallic effect. This coating differs from the coating without the paint. Modern varnish is applied in a thin layer. This is done in order to save and reduce the final cost of the car. Thus, it is not correct to regularly use abrasives for cleaning and polishing bodywork. 2in1 wax compositions are the cleaners for wax-based. As cleaners, they contain abrasive particles. The stock thickness of the varnish will not allow you to do a lot of abrasive polishing. It is advisable to apply a detox clay and then use wax that contains no cleaners.
Polish to remove defects before waxing...
If the vehicle that You intend to cover with wax, there are minor scratches and scuffs, you first need to apply abrasive polishing. Some people mistakenly think that waxing will remove minor defects. Before applying wax you need to remove minor scratches, traces of dried water, fading. All of this can be eliminate or smooth out abrasive polishing. Wax just maintain a clean and restored surface.
Applying car wax with spray
Wax spray can be considered the easiest method of applying wax protection. Now wax spray competes with the best liquid wax and wax paste. Wax in spray applied polymers that give good protection.
A polymer protective coating that is applied by spray can be applied even in the sun. Of course, for best results it is better to use them in the shadows.
To apply the wax spray, you first need to thoroughly wash the car. Next, you need to prepare a special towel for polishing. You need to apply the wax and immediately grind it with that towel. Processing, thus, the surface is better in small segments. After processing the entire panel, you need to flip the towel and using a clean side, you need to once again completely refinish the entire surface. This way, You evenly covered with the protective composition.
The application of liquid wax and wax in paste form
In the past, wax in the form of paste was most preferred, as giving a good result. Nowadays, many manufacturers offer liquid and paste versions of the wax, which has the same composition. What is their difference? It all depends on preference and application method. Many people believe that paste waxes are more suitable for manual processing, while liquid waxes more suitable for use with the polishing machine.
No need to overdo it with the amount of the applied wax. This also applies to paste and liquid wax. The smaller, the better. Should get a uniform thin wax layer. For modern polymer waxes thick layer is not required. A thin layer dries faster and easier to apply.
When applying liquid and paste waxes, follow these steps:
- Treat the surface in the shade where no direct sunlight;
- Use the special applicator recommended by the manufacturer or available in a kit with a wax. Generally suitable sponge;
- Treat the body panel segments for 20 to 40 square centimeters. Some of the products before rubbing applied to the entire machine;
- Need to clarify in the instructions to the used product need to wait for the wax to dry before rubbing. Some products may require drying before powdering, and some have to grind immediately after application;
- Always use a small amount of wax for rubbing. Using too much wax, You are only wasting it in vain. If applied a lot of wax and it rubs bad, try to change the direction of the clean side of towel and repeat the rubbing.
After applying the wax surface should be smooth and shiny, without the streaks and drips of wax.
What if after all this work You are still left streaks and areas where the wax is difficult to stretch. There are several techniques. The easiest need to Park my car under the sun for 10-15 minutes. The wax will heat up, but it is impossible to become hot, then again, you need to go into the shade or a garage. Next, clean using a special towel for polishing, You can easily bleach the wax to a Shine.
The combination of waxes
The people who prepare the cars for the show, often coated with wax over a synthetic wax. The synthetic wax acts as a gloss layer while the wax adds depth and a wet effect. Before applying the second coat of wax, you need to give the first layer to harden. It may take 12 to 24 hours.
Transparent sealants to protect the paint
In addition to classic transparent sealers waxes are there to protect the painted surface. They consist of synthetic ingredients. Substance for paint provide more durable protection than waxes. They are simply applied. The disadvantage is the shallow, superficial Shine that they give. Some waxes with natural ingredients or with a combination of natural and synthetic ingredients give a deeper Shine.
Before applying sealant, you need to wash and dry the car body. Sealants to protect the paint hydrophobic, therefore, during application to the surface should not be exposed to water.
The main principle of the application of such sealants is that you need to apply a thin coat and leave on for 20-30 minutes. Such synthetic sealants are applied directly on the entire surface. Can be applied in a circular motion, evenly distributing the composition. No need to RUB the composition, as is done with the classic wax.
Sealants may also be applied to glass, chrome and plastic.
What are the benefits of treatment car wax and a synthetic sealant?
- Wax or synthetic sealant creates an invisible protective film that helps protect the paint from a variety of environmental influences: dirt, rain, insects, tree resin, bird droppings, etc. (the key phrase here is "helps to protect", as no wax will not give 100% protection against all aggressive effects of the environment).
- Modern formulations of wax and synthetic sealants to protect the paint and create the protection against UV sun rays.
- The wax fills in small scratches and makes them invisible. It should be noted that this effect exists, but it only applies to very small scratches. Wax is not a panacea for scratches. Larger scratches to be smoothed with abrasive polishing.
- Wax and synthetic sealants are kept cleaned and polished paint surface, and also give an additional Shine to the painted surface. Synthetic sealants to protect the paint and body are the sharpest part of the long-term protection to the paint. If the paint is constantly aggressive, that is, at partial load operation, sealants can save a protective coating for months.