Of key importance in the formation of ideas about the car in the eyes of others is its appearance. The machine can be arbitrarily powerful and unusual in terms of specifications, but if it has a standard body without interesting details, they will not pay attention to the thread.
Now the market of car cosmetics offers drivers the widest range of products for car care, among which a particular segment of go Polish for the body. Usually they are a mixture of wax, silicones and polymers. The service life of the coating is short. As a rule, it is about one season, about 5-6 months if we are talking about high-quality warehouses.
A special case is liquid glass for automobiles, which is a special composition of synthetic ingredients. This tool not only gives the exterior a gorgeous Shine, but also has many advantages over the Polish.
First liquid glass for car was produced back in 2008 in Japan, and its popularity in a few years swept the world. Currently produce liquid glass for cars not only in Japan, but Japanese warehouses are the most common.
The types of liquid glass for car
It is possible to identify three types of compounds that are referred to as liquid glass, focusing on the main operating component:
- Composition based on potassium. This product has a loose structure. It gives the surface a high resistance to moisture, chemical components and precipitation.
- Composition based on sodium. This type of funds protects the surface not only from dirt and damage, but also has antiseptic effect. Gives the treated surface resistant to fire.
- Lithium. Used in the automotive industry is quite rare, produced in small quantities and is usually used for thermal control coatings.
According to the method of applying the liquid glass can be divided into two groups:
- require additional fixing after application.
Benefits of liquid glass auto body
Consider the main advantages of this method of treatment the body:
- The coating gives the surface of the body and other elements of the car particularly attractive luster. Apply the composition can be also in plastic components. With this polishing, the car looks more presentable.
- Applied film is fully transparent, so the color of the body after the procedure is not distorted ,it only becomes deeper and juicier.
- Durability – one of the main advantages of liquid glass, even justify its high cost. The service life of the coating may vary depending on the species means. On average it is about 1 year, and some formulations can last up to 3 years, providing the car an attractive look and reliable protection.
- The ability of liquid glass to alienate the moisture and dirt particles allows to keep car in clean condition.
- The coating has anti-static characteristics. Do not stick to it dust particles.
- The film protects the car body from adverse external influences, reduces the likelihood of body damage, helps with corrosion.
- If necessary, replacement of specific parts of the body, it is not necessary to completely remove the liquid glass.
Disadvantages of liquid glass auto body
The main disadvantage of liquid glass is its price. If you carry out the procedure with their hands, all the cost will be reduced to the acquisition of high-quality material for processing. If polishing is to be performed by the service technician, the cost will accordingly increase. Payment for services will vary depending on the class of car, existing coatings, variety of the liquid glass and the number of desired layers.
A relative drawback of the method can be considered the specificity of the procedure. If you carry out the application of liquid glass with their hands, it is important to observe some of the intricacies of the process. Otherwise, not only can not achieve the desired effect but also spoil the look of the car.
How to apply liquid glass by yourself
Important: During self-application of liquid glass should be carefully observed process, otherwise, it is likely to spoil the appearance of the car. To remove liquid glass after curing is very difficult.
To apply liquid glass to the surface of the car body will need to purchase the tool itself (may be packaged with the curing agent), a cloth for polishing the car rags (rags), gloves, a container and a tube for mixing.
Please note: depending on the composition, method of applying it to the car body may be different. Be sure to read the instructions to the molten glass.
Before you begin, you need to drive the car in a heated garage if the work is carried out in the winter. If work is going in the summer, also the car is important to put in the room where it will get direct sunlight. The optimal ambient temperature during work — from +10 to +40 degrees. Here is an instruction how to apply liquid glass to a car body independently:
- The first thing to do is to prepare the body of the car. For this car you need to wash, dry and degrease the surface which will be applied to the composition. It is better to use for degreasing special shampoos or means.
- Note: If the vehicle has already been Polish, in preparation for the car you need to ensure that he was completely removed from the surface on which you will apply the liquid glass.
- You can then move on to the application. Depending on what is specified in the instructions to the molten glass, mix the composition and apply it appropriate amount on a small area of the surface.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes (depending on drying speed) and then wipe the treated surface with a damp cloth. Look at the result. If you're satisfied, you can proceed to the treatment of the whole body.
- Since the tool is hardens very quickly, it is recommended to process the parts separately, otherwise it will not be possible to carefully RUB the surface.
After apply liquid glass to a car body to be completed, should leave the car "dry" for 5-6 hours (sometimes the time may vary up to a day, depending on composition).
Important: within 7 days after application of liquid glass on the surface of the car shall not be used for cleaning the body of chemicals, including specialized shampoos.